|December 07, 2023
This article was developed to describe how to utilize the Guidelines tab, found in the Forth CRM. The Guidelines tab is a storage tool for content such as document files and various other resources that can be organized and readily available for CRM users called Featured Pages.
This article includes the following topics:
Searching for articles
- Begin by logging in to the Forth CRM, and clicking on the Guidelines tab.
- Pictured below is an example of the Guidelines tab with some Featured Pages.
- Content already existing on the Guidelines tab can be accessed from the Featured Pages section, by clicking on a category or by Searching for content (articles) via the "Search Content" field.
- Featured Pages will always display on the front page of the Guidelines tab, regardless of which category they are listed under. Generally, these would be the most important pages you would want to view first.
- Articles can be found by using the Search Content field.
- If you start typing within the Search Content field a list of potential page results will appear.
- Any options that match what you just typed will appear in a dropdown menu. Select the name of the document you wish to access, by clicking on the particular search result.
Once the article has been selected, the document loads. Pictured below is an example of what your guidelines page may look like.
Creating and editing content
Creating new content
The content displayed on this tab is usually defined by management and filtered by your role or department. However, you can create your own content.
- Click Create Content.
- The Create Content page opens. Select the Featured Page checkbox to ensure the content appears on the Guidelines tab in the Featured Pages section.
- When finished, click Save Page found at the top left of the page.
Editing existing content
- Look up the article you want to edit, and click the article name to open it.
- If you have the required permissions, click edit.
- Make the desired changes on the Create Content page that appears (see below).
- When finished, click Save Page.
Categories are usually assigned when creating an article. However, if you only need to change the category, this is how to do it.
- From the Guidelines Tab, click Categories.
- The Guidelines Categories page opens.
- Enter the Category Name and/or select the Parent Category.
- Click Save.
- You will now see the new category name as a subset of the Parent Category (see the highlighted area in the image above).
Article Version History:
|Formatting Tweaks only; No subject matter changes.
|Added header and version control footer; Replaced references of Forth or DPG with Forth for rebranding.
|Refreshed all screenshots to reflect the current user interface.
|Fixed broken hyperlink to a screenshot; minor grammatical updates.
|Updated several screenshots to reflect the current interface and improve legibility; merged content from former "Guidelines" stand-alone article