|Doc. Number||Article Title||Effective Date||Version|
|FHC-XX||How to Set Up SMTP Senders||October 24, 2023||0.3|
This article was developed to describe the steps involved in setting up an SMTP Sender.
A Sender is the email address that messages will be delivered from. You will be required to set up Senders with SMTP settings from a provider of your choice. If you do not currently own your SMTP, you can review our article on recommended providers here.
- From the E-Marketing tab, click on Setup Senders found in the Navigation Bar.
- The following page will then open for you.
- Do either of the following:
- To edit an existing list, go to the Existing Email Senders section and click the small pencil icon for the sender you want to edit. Edit the content as required.
- To create a new sender list, enter the content as required (see below).
- Go to the SMTP Server Settings section and enter the appropriate information where indicated.
You should find these with your SMTP Relay provider. Enter the SMTP Host address (Ex. smtp-relay.youremail.com), Port (check with your provider for the correct Port number) and SMTP username and password. Then select to use SSL or TSL protocol; you will likely use TLS (but check with your SMTP provider for the correct option).
- Before saving this sender, click the Test SMTP Settings button (see the image above) to ensure your SMTP settings work. When finished, click Save Sender at the bottom left of the page (see below).
Article Version History:
|0.1||09/14/2022||Added new header and Minor Updates|
|0.2||05/01/2023||Added version control footer; removed incorrect Gmail references and refreshed screenshots to better reflect the current user interface and options.|
|0.3||10/23/2023||Updated title of the document; no other changes made.|