|Doc. Number||Article Title||Effective Date||Version|
|FHC-XX||Adding and Editing Report||July 20, 2022||Basic|
This article outlines steps for building a basic report and then editing an existing report. This article includes the following topics:
Deleted reports CAN NOT be restored.
Access to Report Creation and Editing
1. Log in to the CRM, click the Accounts tab and then click Misc. Utilities in the Navigation Bar.
After clicking "Misc. Utilities", you will see several options available. Within the "DPG" section, click on Forth Settings (as shown below).
The Forth Settings page will open (see image below).
At this point, determine whether you wish to change your default setting as shown above, or if you wish to change the capability to a particular account only (see below). If you wish to change an account, click in the "Account" field (shown below).
Select the Account by typing in the Account field and selecting your choice. Your page's view will change to reflect the image below.
Notice that the "Company", "Role", and "User" fields are now activated, allowing you to further limit your changes. You also now have a "Save Account Settings" button, and in the individual settings table, you can see the Account column has been activated allowing you (with the correct permissions) to change whether this role setting was inherited or not.
If an account was not identified, and you wish to apply this capability as a default setting, scroll down until you reach the section entitled, "Modules: Reports" (see two images below). To activate this feature, enter the numeral "1" in the Default field. To keep this feature deactivated, ensure that the numeral "0" is in the Default field.
OR, if an account was identified...
Creating a Report
- From the Reports tab, be sure that My Reports is underlined.
- Click Report Builder. NOTE: If Report Builder does not appear, please contact Support@setforth.com for more information.
- The Report Builder window now opens, to create a new report, click the Create a New Report button.
- Type a name for the report in the Report Title field.
- Choose a Primary Report Object from the Primary Report Object dropdown menu. and then click Ok. A new page will then appear like the one shown below. The first field at the top left of the page (which is editable) reflects the Report Title that you assigned on the previous page.
- Start by selecting a field from the Add Columns dropdown option.
- Next, select a primary filter in the Group By dropdown menu.
- Select a secondary filter in the Then By dropdown menu.
- Next, select a report filter from the Report Filter dropdown menu. The selection you make will dynamically generate an Options field that matches the type of Report Filter you selected (see two examples of this below).
- Click the Add Filter button if you have additional Report Filters to insert.
- In the Options section of the page, you can decide whether this report you create will be your default report from this point forward. Click the checkbox next to My Default Report (see below) to select this option.
- Click in the field below Share Report With (see below) to select a person whom you wish to share this report with (multiple selections are allowed).
- When finished, review your selection and then click the Save as New button located at the bottom of the screen (see the middle button in the image above). If you wish the report that you just set up to be deleted, click the red Delete button.
Click the "Save" button to create a brand new report. If editing an existing report, click the "Save" button as well. If you wish to make edits to an existing report, and save those results as a new report, make you sure you click "Save as New" and enter a new report title.
Editing a Report
- From the Report tab, click Report Builder.
- Click on a previously generated report. For this example, click on Test Report (see below).
- The Report Builder page now opens the Test Report details page (see below).
- Make any changes you wish to the filter dropdown menus on the left side of the page.
- When you are finished making the edits you wish to make to this existing report, you have three options:
- Click the Save button to overwrite the existing report with the changes you just made.
- Click the Save as New button to create a new report (prompts you to provide a new report title).
- Click the Delete button to delete this existing report and exit the Report Builder.
Deleted reports CAN NOT be restored.