|Doc. Number||Article Title||Effective Date||Version|
|FHC-XX||Shared User Data||October 10, 2023||
This article was developed to describe how to establish access to "Shared User Data" within the CRM. Shared User Data is a setting that allows Users you are editing to gain access to contacts that are assigned to other Users.
To begin, log in to the CRM, click the Admin tab, and then click the white arrow to the right of the User you wish to edit.
On the Edit User page that appears, scroll down to the bottom of the page to the "Shared User Data" section (see below). This is where the users are located, whose contacts are visible to the user you are editing.
NOTE: Select "--Everyone--" to have access to all contacts, regardless of user.
Below are two scenarios that describe the steps to follow to enable the sharing of user data:
"I want our president/owner to have access to all contacts"
1. Locate the president/owner's User from the Admin tab, then click the right-facing white arrow to edit.
2. In the Shared User Data box, select --Everyone--.
3. Return to the top of the page, and Click Save User in the Navigation Bar.
For changes to take effect, the owner/CEO User must log out of the CRM.
"I want our Sales Manager to have access to all contacts assigned to Sales Users."
1. Locate the Sales Manager's User from the Admin tab, then click the right-facing white arrow to edit.
2. In the Shared User Data box, select each Sales User (Ctrl + left click to highlight multiple).
3. Return to the top of the page, and click Save User in the Navigation Bar.
For changes to take effect, the Sales Manager User must log out of the CRM.
NOTE: This feature can be used when re-assigning contacts or creating contact lists based on a specific user's data.
Article Version History:
|0.1||08/09/2022||Minor Formatting Updates|
|0.2||10/10/2023||Added header and version control footer; updated all screenshots.|