|Doc. Number||Article Title||Effective Date||Version|
|FHC-XX||Notes Nested Tab||March 13, 2023||2.0|
This article was developed to describe the "Notes" nested tab (i.e., subtab) found within the Client Dashboard.
The "Notes" nested tab is used to create and store notes with all types of information regarding a specific client. This includes reminders, client responses, notes on a call, changes to be made to a contract, etc.
This article includes the following topics:
- Adding a new note
- Creating a note template
- Editing or deleting an existing template
- Searching, filtering, and deleting notes
Adding a new note
- Go to the Client Dashboard > click the Notes nested tab.
The top section of the Notes tab is specifically for creating notes.
- The Create Notes window opens.
- You are able to notify others of the note you are creating by choosing a user from the "Notify Users" field within the "Note Content" section (see the left side of the top half of the image below).
- Click Save Note when finished.
Creating a note template
Note templates are great for quickly adding a prewritten note that you may use on a regular basis such as "File Approved".
- From the Admin tab, click on Settings from the Navigation Bar.
- Click on "Note Templates" (highlighted in red below).
- Click the "Create New Template" button shown below.
- A "Create a Note Template" dialog box will now open as seen below.
- When finished, click Save Template.
Editing or deleting an existing template
- From the Admin tab > click Settings, which is located in the Navigation Bar.
- The Create / Edit Template window opens. Select the Note Template that you wish to edit, by clicking on the ellipses (three dots) on the right side of the template. Select "edit" from the dropdown menu that appears.
- The template opens (see the image below). Once you make your changes, click the "Save Changes" button found on the bottom right of the template screen.
Searching, filtering, and deleting notes
- From the Contacts tab, click the Notes nested tab.
- Scroll down to the Existing Notes section.
- Do any of the following to search or filter through notes:
- Type any keywords in the Search Notes field (see the image above) to filter notes with those keywords; or
- Select a category from the Show Filters option (see options below) at the top right of the Existing Notes section (see top right of the image above), to filter by note type, the date the note was created, who created the note, etc. (example: notes on calls, notes about settlements, etc.).
- To delete a particular note, hover over the right side of the note row and a trashcan image will appear, click on that image to delete the note.
IMPORTANT It is not recommended to delete a note.
Article Version History:
|0.1||05/09/2022||Formatting tweaks only|
|0.2||01/18/2023||Added header and version control footer; reviewed to replace company references to now read Forth; Updated screenshots to reflect current user interface.|
|1.0||02/24/2023||Updated screenshots to reflect the latest changes to the user interface.|
|2.0||03/13/2023||Updated section on editing contacts to better reflect recent updates to the user interface.|