|Doc. Number||Article Title||Effective Date||Version|
|FHC-XX||Recouping Funds from Affiliates||December 20, 2022||1.0|
This article was developed to describe the steps involved in recouping funds from affiliates. It is organized into the following sections:
When using ForthPay as a processor, there may be times when you need to transfer (debit) monies from an affiliate that was paid out on a client's account. Below are instructions for how to set up a transfer associated with a credit transaction.
To begin, log in to the CRM, click the Contacts tab, and then locate the Client's Enrollment Details page.
Scheduling Transfer from an Associated Credit
- Determine the credit you wish to pull back from the affiliate. Go to the Enrollments Tab, and select the Enrollment record by clicking the green arrow on the far right side of the appropriate row (see bottom right of the image below).
- Edit the "cleared" credit by clicking on the "pencil and paper" icon to the right of the list on that transaction.
- When the pop-up window appears with the credit information, choose the process date you wish to pull the money back. This will create a transfer transaction to process on the date selected.
Make sure to choose the correct Payee you want funds 'pulled back' (transferred) from.
- Edit the amount if necessary. In our example, we leave it the same as the original credit transaction.
- Choose "Pull Back Credit" from the "Actions" dropdown menu and click "Save".
This will schedule a "Transfer" transaction and debit the money from the affiliate's account based on their payee banking information.
Scheduling Transfer by Adding Payment
Go to the Accounting tab, and then click "Fee Accounts" from the Navigation Bar.
Click Account-to-Client Transfer.
A pop-up page similar to the one below will appear. The information required is highlighted in red in the image below.
- Click the "Add Payment" button on the navigation bar while viewing the Enrollment Details page of the contact you are setting up the transfer for.
- Once the layover window appears, select the type "Account Transfer" and select a process date for the transaction.
- Next, enter the amount you would like transferred or pulled back from the bank account.
- Select the Payee you would like funds to be transferred from.
- Under the Action drop-down select "Schedule Transaction" and hit 'Save'.
You will now find the Transfer transaction on the payment schedule of the "Enrollment Details" page.
*Note: These transactions are subject to the five (5) business day "clear-time" like any other debit.
Article Version History:
|1.0||12/20/2022||Subject Matter Review - changes made to update the Scheduling Transfer by Adding the Payment section; added Header and Version Control Footer.|